Saturday 8 October 2011

Pancakes

I just had three pancakes.

One with bacon, mushrooms, cheese and tomato and the other two with sugar and lemon (well lime actually).

Oh and just to make it very clear I'm not talking about those horrible stodgy fat American ones, I'm talking the deliciously thin crepe type.

Whilst chowing down on the tasty batteryness I was pondering the pros about pancakes and realised there are many. So the lovely woman that I am I decided to share them with you.

1) They are so damn easy to make, well once the measuring is out of the way (which I usually leave to Mr P's expert eye).

2) No need for any fancy ingredients - the ingredients are just things you would normally just have in the cupboard, milk, eggs and flour, how much simplier could it be. Plus you can swap around ingredients, different types of flour, or add chocolate chips to the batter, etc.

3) They can provide hours of fun - tossing of said item is brilliant fun for all the family.

4) You can basically put anything on them - sweet, savoury, salty, sour. I dont think I've ever had a pancake I didnt like. I am always particularly enamoured by those doused with alcohol and set on fire.

5) Oh and another thing, they taste bloody amazing!

Pancakes are definitely not just for Shrove Tuesday... they're for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment