Saturday 11 December 2010

Lamb shank with spring onion mash and wilted spinach

I ahve been absolutely rubbish at updating my blog recently and I am very irritated by this, so I am now going to pick it back up and hoipefully be regimented as surely the Christmas period is going to be filled with delicious meals.

For breakfast today I just had a bowl of cereal, it was Oats and More with almonds, perhaps my most favourite cereals in the whole world.

Mr P and I went shopping at Westfield today, so on the way we picked up a bagel each, I had a health seed bagel with turkey and guacamole. It was alright, a little dry, but it tasted very green and good. The turkey had that gross jelly stuff you get on pork pies, which I did not appreciate though.

Mr P made his usual Saturday night treats, while I watched X Factor. We had lamb shanks, which tasted good, but could perhaps have done with a little longer in the oven, but after leaving them in the oven for 2 and a half hours when it got to 9.30 we were both pretty peckish. We had it with some very buttery spring onion mash, which was superb, some lovely spinach and a minted lamb jus, which i made with the juices from the gravy, a but of mint, some red wine and a few gravy granules. It was a lovely dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment