Saturday 8 January 2011

Curry!!!!!

Started well this morning on my diet and had a very low fat 'fry up', well it wasnt exactly a fry up, but it wasn't bran flakes at least. I had a piece of lean ham with dry fried mushrooms and half a tin of chopped tomatoes, yum. It was really enjoyable and made a nice difference to my cereal.

For lunch I decided to make a spicy sweet potato soup. I roughly chopped a leek and cubed a potato and dry fried them both and added a bit of water, some chilli, a stock cube and some salt and pepper. I let this simmer for about half an hour until it was all soft and then added the leftover sweet potato from yesterday. I left this simmmering for about 15 mins and added a little bit of cajun pepper, some salt and pepper. I then blitzed it all in the food processsor, put it back on the hob and then at the last minute added a spoonful of fromage frais. It tasted good, if a little spicey but it was a little thick and could have done with being a bit more watery so it didnt remind me too much of baby food. I'd make it again though.

After five days on the diet Mr P and I were both starting to feel the struggle, and as his brother moved in with us today for a few months we decided to go out for a meal to celebrate. After going for a drink we attempted to go to an Italian called Lorenzos in Crystal Palace. We were told it would just be five minutes for a table buti after wating for half an hour we decided to leave and get a curry at Gurkha Cottage.

It was so so tasty. For starters we had:
Tandoori squid - very nice with a definite kick
Prawn puri - delcious, soft, always a winner in my eyes

Then for mains we shared:
A chicken korma
Some lamb tomatoey based dish which was on the specials and was really nice
Dil Passandi - another mild dish with nuts
Pilau rice
Plain naan

It was all really good and we had a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment