Thursday 13 January 2011

Sirloin steak ... again

Flew out to Copenhagen for work today so got up and had my usual bowl of Bran flakes before leaving to catch my flight from Heathrow.

Whilst on the plane I had a blueberry muffin, which was very poor, really crumbly and dry oh and also really expensive, so not a good choice by me.

We stayed in a really lovely hotel - I had two sinks in my bathrooms and white dressing gowns and clippers, any hotel which provides dressing gowns is a good hotel in my eyes.

Once we Had checked in we went for lunch in a bar connected to the hotel. I had seafood linguine which was absolutely delicious. The pasta was cooked perfectly with an assortment of prawns, mussels and salmon in a sauce including cherry tomatoes and capers. A really tasty meal washed down with a glass of red wine - perfection.

In the evening we went to a really cool restaurant in a slightly run down part of town. It was a lovely rustic Spanish type restaurant with mismatched chairs and wooden tables. Some waitresses bought round some plates of salsify which had been cooked almost like chips and I think they had been deep-fried and then topped with cheese - they were absolutely delicious and I could have eaten a whole plate of them.

For starters we had smoked salmon with a kind of potato salad, which alongside potato also had carrot and peas but was really lovely.

For mains we had sirloin steak cooked extremely rare - beautiful - and served with sliced potatoes and a tomatoey almost rattitouey like sauce. Really delicious.

The crowning glory was the dessert, which was a huge piece of meringue, perfectly chewy inside with hazelnuts and pecans inside. It was topped with cream and chopped peaches, pears and a chocolate and hazelnut sauce. We were definitely spoilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment