Sunday 9 January 2011

Home made burger, chips and beans

Breakfast : Bran flakes with skimmed milk and a cup of tea

Lunch: Went to the White Horse in Parson's Green with some of my family and some of my sisters boyfriend Luca's family. It was a lovely gastro put with a good menu of top quality hearty meals and a great selection of roasts. While most people on our table plumped for roasts and sausage and mash (which smelt amazing!) I chose the Gressingham duck breast with dauphinoise potatoes, marrow gratin, green beans and a red wine jus. It was really really delicious. The meat was slightly cripsy on the skin but underneath was left very rare, which I loved although it might not be to everyone's taste. The potatoes were perfectly cooked, really soft. I was particularly impressed by the marrow, marrow is not the most glamourous of vegetables but can often be a little mushy. This marrow still held its shape and flavour and complemented the rest of the meal perfectly. A perfect sunday afternoon.

Dinner: MR P made some very nice home made burgers with chilli, lean mince, onion, tomato and some other things. We had them with home made chips and beans. Comfort food. Yum.

Dessert: We went to our local pub The Bridge House in Penge for a drink and I only had one drink - a very refreshing Aspalls blush (cider with a splash of blackcurrant cordial). I only had one drink so while the boys had their second I had a sticky toffee and date puding with vanilla bean ice cream and toffee sauce. I am a huge fan of any kind of butterscotch/caramel/toffee sauce, so this was most defintely a good choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment