Tuesday 18 January 2011

Marrow stuffed with couscous

I decided to have a marrow tonight which has been sitting in the fridge for a couple of weeks and I keep avoiding having it but tonight I decided to have it and it certainly wasn't worth the wait.

I was trying to be super healthy so I cut the marrow in half and scooped the inside of them out and put then in the fridge for 20 mins to cook. I then roughly chopped the indides of the marrow and added it to a pan with chilli, mushroom, red pepper, some coriander and salt and pepper and let that cook down. I then made my mediterranean couscous, which was simply from a packet and so I just added water, but it was quite nice and had a tomatoey taste with small pieces of olives.

I mixed toghether my begetable mixture with my cous cous and added it to my cooked marrow. It all looked rather tasty and colourful but looks can be very deceiving. The marrow was very very bland and the cous cous mixture, despite being tasty was pretty dry so after eating for about five minutes I decided just to eat the cous cous on its own, so it wasnt the most successful meal, if I were to make it again I would perhaps add some chopped tomatoes to it or something to make it a little more moist.

As I felt so dissatisfied I undid all the good work I'd done earlier on in the day by eating a bag of malteasers and a caramel kit kat senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment