Saturday 22 January 2011

Mexican

Didn't have any breakfast as I got up late so by lunchtime I was ready for a carb overload and decided to try out a recipe I'd seen on Nigella's programme - marmite pasta. I love marmite and I love pasta but I wasn't sure how putting them together would go. I boiled some linguine, then added a knob of butter and a spoon of marmite, mixed it round a bit and then ate it. It was so so tasty - I think it would be perfect for getting home late after a few too many vinos, or the morning after a few too many - it was great. I shall defintely be having it again soon.

Mr P and I decided to go out on a bit of a date tonight, so we went for a Mexican and then to the cinema to see Black Swan.

The Mexican we went to is in Beckenham and called Dos Amigos and it's a lovely little place. On most of the tables you get sombreros and there was a singer in there last night so it felt almost as though we were on holiday somewhere and not in Kent.

We eadch had a cocktail while we waited for a table as it was fully booked, but after waiting 20 mins our table was ready and we decided to share some oliva and chorizo nachos for starter. They were alright but I'm not sure I'd have olives on nachos in the future. It was all the greta ingredients, nachoes, cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, chillis, olives and chorizo, but perhaps combining them is not the greatest idea in the world. Mr P loved them though.

For mains we had chicken and steak fajitas. Yum yum yum. They came with all the delcious trimmings and were so tasty. The meat was sizzling hot and seasoned to perfection. A lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment