Tuesday 11 January 2011

Tapas

Once again I had my usual breakfast and lunch but had an epic fail on the diet front come mid afternoon when I decided a Lion bar and a packet of salt and vinegar crisps would be a good idea as I had forgotten to bring any carrots or celery and the apple on my desk wasn't quite exciting enough.

By the time someone's chocolate caterpillar Birthday cake came out at 5pm I had given up all hope of being healthy and tucked into a sizable slice.

For dinner I met up with my brother and we went to a tapas restuarant in Clapham called Carmen. We were both starving when we arrived so we ordered tonnes from the menu only to find we had ordered way to much, but I certainly didnt regret it as it was really yum and made me feel as though I was back on holiday.

We had:

Bread and butter (good old Anchor butter, which I am a huge fan of but havent had this year, so I gulped my bread down with huge hunks of butter - you can't go wrong with 'real' butter - none of this margarine malarky)
Chorizo in wine
Bell peppers stuffed with mince and topped with cheese (a surprise hit for me)
Calamari
Patatas bravas
Spanish blue cheese croquettes (very strong but deliious, with a lovely onion chutney, which complimented it beautifully)
Mushrooms in a spinach cream sauce

The restaurant was lovely with little rickey tables and chairs all packed closely together. Although a little cosy it felt really authentic and was a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment