Sunday 7 November 2010

Beans on toast

I was in a bit of a moany mood today for a variety of reasons. I have another ulcer, which pains me to eat, drink, talk, basically it stops me from enjoying any of the things I love. So Mr p made me some eggs on toast for breakfast as I really fancied some. It was delicious. I had it with ketchup as well which added delightfully to the taste of the meal, but of course stung my ulcer immensely.

For lunch Mr P and I had done a bit of shopping and I was moaning about how cold and hungry I was so we decided to go to a noodle bar in Beckenham called Miso. I had a roast duck dish with noodles, duck sauce and Chinese leaves. I am usually a big fan of these kinds of places, but I wasn't too impressed by this dish. i know duck is usually pretty fatty, but this breast was really fatty, the sauce a little too sweet and thick, and the noodles were a bit overdone and glutinous. Also the portion sizes were huge, which isn't something I would normally moan about but they were a little overwhelming.

Because we had a late and large lunch we weren't particularly hungry for a big meal in the evening so Mr P made us beans on toast and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment