Thursday 4 November 2010

Chorizo and new potato salad

Was feeling a little tired after a very late night the night before, so had to indulge in a sau=sage and egg sandwich with tfomato sauce, which was an absolute taste sensation.

For lunch I went to Pizza Express on a work outing and had a al tirolo on a romana base. So thats a trio of mushrooms and ham. Yum yum and much much needed.

Mr P and I have his mum to stay for a while, so we took her out to Joannas in Crystal Palace where we shared a nice bottle of Montepulciano. I had chilli chargrilled squid, which if I'm honest wasn't sensational, it was a little bit cold and chewy. For mains I had a chorizo and new potato salad with a poached egg. The chorizo salad was really delicious. Very meaty and tyasty sausage with fried new potatoes. I also ahve to say that the green beans in the salad tasted really fresh and had been cooked perfectly with still a little crunch. The salad had a perfectly cooked poached egg on top, whihc went really nicely with the other ingredients, however it tasted a little bit too much of vinegar, I'm not sure if this was the vinegar used in the water when cooking the egg, or a dressing applied afterwards, but it was a little too vinegary for my taste buds. To finish I had a Baileys liquer coffee, which unfortunately was one of those times when my eyes were too big for my belly and I couldn't finish it all.

A nice relaxing evening in a lovely setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment