Saturday 27 November 2010

Pork belly with spring onion mash and home-made apple sauce

Feeling totally back to normal this morning I got up and had a bowl of cereal plus a cup of tea for breakfast before gettign the train to epsom to have a little day out with Mr P.

Whilst in Epsom we went out for lunch at a Slug and Lettuce, where I had my second platter of the week, this time a tex-mex one. It consisted of:
* Mini flour tortillas
* Chilli beef
* Shredded lettuce
* BBQ ribs
* Jalapeno and cream cheese croquettes
* Tortilla chips with grated cheese
* BBQ sauce
* Sour cream
* Salsa
* A strange kind of bruschetta with chopped cucumber on (not the best as it made the toasted bread kinda soggy)

My sister came round for dinner and Mr P mad eus a slap up treat... we snacked on a few pistachios while he cooked and he then dished up pork belly on a bed of spring onion mash, with spinach, carrots and home-made apple sauce.

The pork belly was absolutely and utterly delicious - probably the best thing he has ever made me. The meat was so succulent and tender with the beautifully crisp crackling on top. The spinach and carrots were both perfectly cooked and the mash was so so smooth and presented beautifully in a circle underneath the pork. I am not usually a huge fan of apple sauce, but this was seriously the best I have ever tasted, it was more like a purree and had been seived to make it smooth. According to Mr P alongisde the apple he had also added white wine, salt, pepper, sage and mustard. Outstanding.

This was followed by a lemon cheesecake courtesy of Waitroise - tasty but I was so full I felt sick ... again. So I couldn't quite finish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment