Tuesday 2 November 2010

Morrocan fayre

Raisinless muesli for breakfast again followed by a bowl of spicy butternut squash and sweet potato soup with a triangular Tesco finest wholegrain roll.

This blog could potentially turn very very dull over the winter months with my soupy luncheons. There will be very little to report. However I was discussing this with a colleague who came up with the great idea I could talk about what I would have preferred to have for lunch, a genius idea I think.

So what I would have liked to have had is a grilled halloumi salad with some very ripe and shiny red tomatoes, some rocket and some olive cous cous. I would also have preferred to have it sat outside a little greek resturant with a large glass of fruity red looking out onto a sparkling blue Mediterranean sea with the sun reflecting off it and the noise of the waves and cicadas in the background. However I was instead sat at my desk attempting not to get crumbs stuck between the keys on my keyboard. Great.

I met up with a couple of friends for dinner at Souk Medina on Shorts Gardens near Covent Garden. I have never been there, but absolutely loved it inside. With its low lighting, rugs, cushions, lanterns and low seating it felt as though I had been transported to North Africa.

We shared a bottle of red wine and had a set menu which consisted of:

Starters: -
Humous,
Pitta,
Vine Leaves,
Merguez sausages with potatoes

Mains: -
Cous cous
Chickpeas
Creamed spinach (absolutely amazing)
Chicken tagine
Lamb tagine (this one wasnt so nice as the meat tasted like perfume and not something I'm a big fan of, it also had lots of fruit in it, which I am also not a fan of)

Dessert:-
Baklava
Mint tea

It was so so nice and i shall definitely be returning. During our dessert the music suddenly got turned up very loudy and out came a belly dancer. An odd cmoment, but amusing nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment