Thursday 18 November 2010

Roast lamb with winter vegetables and rosemary jus

As Mr P and I have a few days off together we thought we'd induldge in some fatty brunch and so Mr P russled up a good old fry up consisting of:

Grilled smokey bacon
Sausages
Scambled egg with onions
Fried mushrooms
Potato Waffles
Tomatoes

It was gorgeous. I absolutely love potato waffles.

After lunch we wentr away to a place in Sussex called Arundel to have a mini-break. So we scoured the restaurants in the town for somewhere nice to eat and settled on a tiny little English restaurant called the Town House. It was a lovely lovely meal.

For starter I had panfired pigeon breast kept very rare, just the way I like it. It was served with a salad, which alongside the usual leaves was made up of ceps and figs, the mushrooms were so meaty and the sweet figs worked so well with the tender pigeon.

For mains I had roast lamb, once again cooked medium-rare, yum. It was sat upon a selection of chunky roasted winter vegetables including carrot, swede and parsnips with a rosemary jus. The componants were all absolutely delicious, but I felt that lamb, which is usually such a springtime meat is perhaps more suited to lighter vegetables, perhaps baby carrots or leeks would have been better suited. I am not saying it wasn't tasty though because it really was, it's just if I had a restaurant I would have opted for a slightly different dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment