Saturday 13 November 2010

Home made pizza

Got up relatively late and then decided to do a major blitz of the flat, so didn't really have breakfast and instead had brunch at local cafe Rosie Lee's.

I had hash browns, scrambled egg, beans and tomatos with crusty white toast and orange juice. I like to think that it was pretty healthy with the orange juice, tomatoes and beans making up three of my five a day. The hash browns, although probably frozen were yum and I loved them with the beans and the tomatoes. The egg was alright, a little pale and insipid in colour though.

Mid-afternoon while watching a little bit of Soccer Saturday Mr P had a cup of tea and a cherry bakewell. I haven't had a cherry bakewell in years after having a slight obsession with them when I was at high school. The little afternoon treat was lovely.

For dinner we made home-made pizzas, which we have never done before and was so much fun. I was very keen on getting a pizza dough mix as I'm not a big fan of measuring, but Mr P insisted on making the dough from scratch with yiest and strong flour. We then put it in a hot room right next to the radiator for an hour so it could rise, before rolling it out a\nd making nice rectangular pizzqas soi they would fit well on our baking trays.

To my rectangle of dough I added creamed tomatoes, then sliced mushrooms, strips of onion, pieces of ham, chunks of artechokes, them a large scattering of mozzerella, then several handfuls of olives before sprinkling it with oregano, some salt and pepper.

We then left them in the oven for about 20 mins before eating them with a glass of red. I couldn't quite believe how delicous they tasted, the ingredients were so fresh and you could taste each different topping so distinctly. The base was good, but if we were to make them again we would probably add a touch more salt to the dough and roll it a little thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment