Monday 15 November 2010

Pork tenderloin with boulangere potatoes

At home with mumatron for a day of Christmas shopping so started the day with some whiolesome brown toast - 'proper' butter and marmite. Proper butter and marmite are just so damn tasty. Margarine is simply not up to the job.

After spending a morning of wandering around the shops in Bury st Edmunds and cooing at the lovely clothes yet not buying a thing we decided we had earnt a little break so we went to Strada. We shared a risotta and pasta becuase we couldn't decide what to have. The risotta we shared was absolutely delicious, so delicious I think I may attempt to make it again, it was pumpkin and butternut squash risotto with wilted spinach, crispy pancetta and pine nuts. Seriously tasty - but also boiling hot! We also shared a penne pasta thing with courgettes, peppers, olives and tomatoes. It was scattered with chunks of mozzarella which were so tender and creamy that they literally melted away as soon as they touched your tongue. Heavenly. I had a lovely glass of red wine and truely felt like a lady who lunches, I could definitely get used to this life.

Despite having a big lunch after hours of shopping (I managed to buy half my Christmas presents) we were very hungry agaiun. For dinner mumatron made a lovely pork tenderloin, which I know she put in the oven, but I don't know much else about. It was served with boulangere potatoes, baby corn, cabbage and courgettes. Oh and a lovely 'jus'. Good work mumatron.

No comments:

Post a Comment