Saturday 6 November 2010

Chicken and butternut squash risotto

Mr P and his mum went to the local greasy spoon, Rosie Lee's forbreakfast this morning, but as I was a little late in getting up I bought a brekfast pannini form a coffee shop at St Pancras. It was filled with egg, bacon (again not my favourite), sausage and ketchup. It tasted perfectly fine but although it was toasted on the outside it was pretty chilled in the middle, so I would have preferred it if it were a little warmer.

Mr P and I didn't really have any lunch after our late abnd big breakfasts. Plus we went to Harrow Borough fc to watch them play Chesterfield (Mr P's team) in the FA Cup, so we just shared a couple of packet of crisps, one salt and vinegar hula hoops and one oriental ribs flavour mccoys.

Mr P made dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious. He made butternut squash and chicken risotto. I didn't really watch him make it as I was too engrossed in either Strictly or X Factor, but I do know that he roasted the butternut squash before mashing it and adding it into the risotto. He also added cream cheese to it, which I thought was a very good choice. The chicken was still beautifully moist and tender, he's a very good chicken cooker in my opinion. He also seasoned it with lots a sage, which went perfectly. Yum yum yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment