Friday 5 November 2010

Beef goulash

A lovely day off work at long last, so I enjoyed a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and a cup of tea whilst watching a bit of daytime television - perfect.

As we went shopping in Croydon we ate some lunch in a cafe in a shopping centre there. I chose a smoked salmon wrap, whicih had salad, brie and bacon as well as the obligatory smoked salmon. I asked for it without bacon as I'm not a huge fan of it, particularly when it is cold and ultra crispy. However they forgot to leave it out, so I found it very salty and not my favourite wrap in the world. I had it with a diet coke - a treat for me as I very rarely have fizzy drinks.

For dinner Mr P's mum made us dinner which was so nice. Its lovely to just relax sometimes and have someone else serve you dinner (although I often get that with the wonderous MR P's cooking talents). Anyway, we had a beef goulash with rice and some lovely sour cream on top. Delicious. We had it with a bottle of red wine, which all went down a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment