Sunday 21 November 2010

Goats cheese and Mediterranean vegetable tart

I attempted the cream cheese croissant thing this morning, but having never made it before and without a recipe to follow, I added a little bit too much sugar and my cream cheese mixture ended up looking a little browner than it was supposed to. It still tasted good though.

For lunch we were out and about, so bought packet sandwiches from Sainsbury's. I am never really a fan of packet sandwiches, they always look a lot better than they taste. They are always a bit cold and bland, saying that however this sandwich was quite tasty. It was beef and horseradish with some kind of lettuce. There was several thick slices of the meat with a god helping of horseradish, which certainly added to the taste.

After Mr P made me such a tasty dinner last night it was time for me to cook him something, so I decided to make a pastry dish I have been saying each nigh I would make for over a week now after buying some rolled puff pastry a fortnight ago.

I started off frying some strips of red onion with some garlic and olive oil. I then added a finely chopped tomato, some red pepper and some chopped courgette and fried for a further minute. I rolled out my pastry rectangle and piled the vegetables on top leaving a gap around the edge for the pastry to rise. I then added halved olives and goats cheese and put it into the oven for around 20 mins. I served it with fresh spinach leaves tossed in balsamic vinegar.

It was pretty enjoyable and all the flavours went very well together. It would be nice in the future to try out different toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment