Monday 8 November 2010

Mince and mash

Picking raisins out of my Alpen is getting seriously tiresome. Thank goodness I've almost finished the box and can move onto something else.

For lunch I had covent garden winter vegetable soup. I'm not an overly huge fan of winter vegetable soup as I think they always taste predominantly of parsnip, swede and turnip. It's much the same with this variety, but it's not too offensive. I had it with a rye and pumpkin seed roll, I love picking the pumpkin seeds off the top, they're really delicious and crunchy.

Throughout the afternoon I snacked on unsalted cashews (definitely no where near as good as the salted kind) and dried mango (once again, no where near as good as fresh mango), so they were both slightly disappointing.

For dinner Mr P made some lovely light fluffy mashed potato and I made a mincey gravy type thing that you have read about plenty of times before. This time it was with frozen lamb mince. The meal was much appreciated after a tiring gym session.

No comments:

Post a Comment