Friday 10 September 2010

An evening fry-up

There's nothing like a good old greasy fry up in the evening, it manages to taste totally different from how it does in the morning. Last night I was feeling particularly sorry for myself and when Mr P asked what I fancied eating I replied with sausage and egg.. so we had that.

Mr P made a gorgeous creation of sausages (pork and apple), egg, mushrooms, a potato rosti (perhaps my favourite part) and tomatoes. It was so so lovely. And then I drunk about a litre of hot orange squash, the perfect remedy for a rotten cold.

Today I went out for lunch with some colleagues to Nandos. On hearing where they were going I almost refused. I'm a bit of a Nandos snob you see, I don't understand why anyone would want to go to a restaurant where all they can eat is chicken - odd. You can surely have chicken and chips any day so on going to a restaurant I usually want to try something a bit different. Anyway, not wanting to be a bore I went along and was mildly surprised. I had a quarter chicken with chips and some corn on the cob.

The chicken was the star of the show, it was so so moist and really very nice. I'm not a huge fan of chicken being served on the bone, but I managed to get over that. The chips and corn on the cob were both pretty tasty, and I was as excited as a child on Christmas Eve about the free refills of soft-drinks. At over £2 I was hoping my beverage would at least be large, but on being given an empty glass I was slightly perturbed until I spotted the drinks counter with a choice of taps offering different drinks.

I have of course been visiting the toilet every ten minutes after the sheer volume of coca cola I consumed at lunch.

On another note I really fancy trying those new extra crunchy walkers crisps. I'm not sure how you can make crisps crunchier, but their ad campaign has obviously worked on me as I am extremely intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment