Sunday 19 September 2010

Subway and sausage and mash

I haven't had a Subway for absolutely years, each time I walk past a branch and smell that bready smell I am always tempted, but I never act on the urge... well today I caved. We got to the airport at about 9 and I hadn't had any breakfast. On seeing the selection - a choice of eight packet sandwiches or subway I decided to opt for Subway.

Waiting in line I was a little overwhelmed by the choice... baguette? size? filling? toasted? salad? sauce? drink? It was all a little bit too much, but I chose a 30cm sub with turkey breast, cheese, lettuce, olives, peppers and mayo. It didn't quite live up to my expectations and I didn't particularly enjoy the first taste or two, but after a few mouthfuls I came to appreciate it. I was slightly over-optimistic with ordering a 30cm and gave half to Mr P who appeared to greatly enjoy it.

After getting off the plane we decided to indulge in a little bit more junk food. I had a quarter pounder with cheese, fries and coke, oh and barbque sauce. Mr P had two cheeseburgers and fries. It tasted like the best thing ever.

Mr P made me a lovely wholesome dinner which was very homely, sausage, mash, peas and gravy. It was just what I wanted after a long day of travelling. I also realisd that I love lincolnshire sausages, they are yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment