Monday 6 September 2010

Oriental pan-fried salmon

Yesterday was a very very good food day. I'm starving now at the thought of all the wonderous food consumed at the weekend.

I got up an hour or so before Mr P and was peckish but wanted to wait for him to get up so we could have breakfast together, so I decided to have some Ben & Jerry's Half Baked ice cream to hold off any hunger-pains whist watching Simon Rimmer cook up some treats on Something for the Weekend.

By the time Mr P got up it was pretty much lunch time so we had some pancakes, some with cheese in the middle and some with sugar and lemon - they were absolutely divine. I've realised I'm a bit of a pancake fanatic. When we went to Tunisia for a week in June there was a chef making fresh pancakes in our hotel every day and I managed to consumer 42 in the week! Also for lunch we had some little bits and pieces left over from Saturday like chorizo and some lovely fresh bread.

For dinner I made salmon, which I marinaded (we are getting good at marinading) in some soy sauce, white port, chilli, ginger and sesame. Then pan-fried it. I served it on a bed of rice (we didn't have any noodles left which would have been my first choice), stir-fried onions, carrots and courgettes and a hoisin and spring onion sauce. It was very very tasty, I loved it. The sauce had a lot of star anise in it though which Mr P thought was a tad overpowering, but I still loved it. A very successful meal in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment