Friday 24 September 2010

Prawn pad thai

Didn't have my usual weetabix for breakfast and instead had a egg roll with ketchup after our long-awaited big shop. Its so nice to have food back in the fridge.

For lunch I went out for with a contact. We just went to a little cafe, which was pleasant, not the best food in the world, but pleasant enough. I had fishcake, chips, salad and tartar sauce. I forgot how tasty tartar sauce can be.

For dinner Mr P was out so I made myself a lovely prawn pad thai. The sauce may have just been out of a packet but I was quite impressed myself. I fried some vegetables in a wok, batons of carrot, courgette and sliced mushrooms, then dropped in the prawns, then a beated egg, then the noodles before adding the sauce. I would never have thought of adding the egg, but the sauce packet suggested it and I shall definitely do it again.

The meal for one went down very well, Mr Grey also very much enjoyed the prawns and tried to spend most of the time using her paws to grab my plate down. She's a little trouble-maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment