Wednesday 22 September 2010

Stuffed giant courgette

I got given a huge courgette today from a guy at work who has an allotment, so obviously I had to use that for dinner.

I once again had carrot and coriander soup for lunch, which was nice but I wasn't particularly full afterwards so I spent much of the afternoon feasting on mini toblerones and oreo cookies another colleague had bought back from holiday.

For dinner though I had the magnificent courgette. Mr P scooped out the inside of it and we added it to a pan of mince, onion, garlic, chopped tomatoes and button mushrooms, lightly spiced with cajun pepper. We then baked the courgette halves for a short while before adding the beefy mixture. I then sprinkled mine with a touch of cinnamon - lovely.

It tasted very nice and healthy, but it was a little watery, don't think we simmered the meat for long enough. We only managed to eat one half between us so we shall be enjoying it again tonight.

I have been having immense cheese on toast cravings all day, which is not good as cheese makes my stomach hurt, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment