Wednesday 15 September 2010

Rabbit paella

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had the most amazing ice cream ever. It basically was the same shape as a magnum and was covered in white chocolate, but the inside had cheesecake flavour ice cream. How amazing is that!! It was divine.

I loved our lunch today, just my type of food! We had pan-fried trout, which Mr P and I had attempted to fillet from the entire fish, head and all. All the flesh got stuck up my nails (I've got false ones at the moment) and I couldn't get the smell out for hours, but panfried in a little bit of butter it was so delicious. We served the fish very simply with some grilled asparagus. Mr P likes his completely cremated and crispy which I think ruins the point of having the vegetable, but he loves it. It was a very successful and pretty healthy lunch, obviously this was served with some crisp white rioja.

This evening we went to El Patio II, a big Spanish restaurant which serves grilled meat, fish and paella. We shared a plate of serrano ham for starter which was just amazing. It just melted in our mouths. For main we also shared a huge vat of chicken and rabbit paella.

The paella was really tasty, the stock they must use must be packed with meat juices, I've never tasted anything quite so meaty. However unfortunately there wasn't quite as much actual chunks of meat as we would have hoped for and it was very boney. I've never had rabbit before though and it was nice to try it, I thought it was kind of similar to chicken but had a more inense flavour. It was a lovely meal sat out in the restuarant's courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment