Saturday 18 September 2010

The last and best meal of the holiday

Today was our last day in sunny Spain and I am very sad about the thought of venturing back to cold England and work, and boring lunches and expensive wine, oh the list goes on.

Anyway today we had some really lovely food, we finished off our cheese, bread and chorizo on the balcony for breakfast with some fresh coffee. Very lovely indeed. The cheese we had was like emmenthal, but wasn't, I don't know its name, anyway it was so nice and nutty.

For lunch we went to a little Spanish cafe and had tapas and lots of cold beer. We had patatas bravas, chorizo in cider and garlic prawns with lovely fresh bread. It was really the perfect Spanish lunch, I loved it.

For dinner we went to a roof-top terrace restuarant. It was really beautiful, I loved it so much. When we got there and I asked for a bottle of house white and the waitress said "It's Sauvingnon Blanc, is that ok?"... errr yeahhhhh!

Mr P had a lovely soup to start, sweet potato and red pepper, I thought it was amazing and I will definitely try to recreate something similar once we're home. I had deep fried brie with berry coulis which was also very nice, but was just overshaddowed by the soup. For mains we shared half and half and they origninally bought us both the same which was a little annoying, but we told them and they changed a dish straight away. We had cod with chorizo on pome puree with saffron mayonaise. The other main was even better, it was pork tenderloin with dauphinoise potatoes, courgettes and a wholegrain mustard sauce. The meat was unbelievably tender.

When we go back to Spain again I definitely want to go back to Rosalind's. The best meal of the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment