Sunday 10 October 2010

Asparagus, pea and chicken risotto

For breakfast mum made me some tea and toast with marmite. I forget how much I love marmite on toast especially with 'proper' butter. Yum.

I then met up with my friend Emily for lunch and as it was so unusually sunny we decided to sit in a little beer garden. We both had prawn, lemon mayo and rocket sandwiches on granary bread with a bowl of chips to share. It was nice but had taken absolutely ages to come which is a bit annoying when all you're waiting for is a sandwich, but luckily we had the lovely sun and lots of chats to keep us amused.

My dad made me and mum dinner whilst we watched Strictly and X Factor. It was very very delicious, we had asparagus, pea and chicken risotto, which was gorge. The onions were sliced into thin strips and were really soft, which is exactly how I love onions. I also love peas in risotto because they almost pop when you bite into them. Dad had kept the skin on the chicken, which I am not often a big fan of, but it added not just an extra taste but a different texture. I particularly enjoyed teaming the skin with some asparagus, the two flavours seem to complement each other perfectly. On the side we had a pea shoot salad - yum, and my favourite wine in the world, a New Zealand Sauvingnon Blan

No comments:

Post a Comment