Friday 8 October 2010

Pork belly with spring onion mash

Back at work today, so the cheese for breakfast was not on the menu today and instead I was back to my usual weetabix.

For lunch I met up with a friend in a little cafe on High Holborn called Nosh. We both had a meal deal of a sandwich, crisps and a drink. Having a really bad ulcer meant eating was pretty much unbearable, so I didn't eat many of my salt and pepper flavour crisps. My sandwich was alright, it was chicken and avocado, but it was a little dry and lacking in avocado. A nice chat over lunch though.

For dinner Mr P and I decided to eat at our local pub The Bridge House in Penge. I felt like a good wholesome meal after a draining week and so I chose the pork belly cooked in cider with spring onion mash, vegetables (green beans, carrots and brocolli) with gravy and some crackling. It was absolutely delicious and exactly what I felt like having. Mr P had cumberland sausage and mash, which was also lovely. We shared a bottle of Pinot Noir with it which was a lovely light yet fruity red.

No comments:

Post a Comment