Friday 29 October 2010

Chorizo pasta

I didn't have much time for breakfast today, so when I got into the office I grabbed one measley Weektabix which didn't do much to stop any hunger.

I went out with a colleague and a contact for lunch to Hix on Brewer street in London. Loved the atmosphere in there, it was laid back yet formal and was very bustley and lively. Those I was with had fishfingers with mushy peas and chips which I was slightly jealous of. I had monkfish tail with a shrimp sauce, which went perfectly with my sprouting brocolli and white wine. A very very enjoyable lunch.

Mr P and I spent the evening doing a strange mixture of activities, drinking Moet, carving pumpkins and baking cakes (for my sisters Halloween party tomorrow). Mr P whipped up a very nice chorizo pasta with a big chunky chorizo sausage, not the thinner slices you can get. We had it in a sauce of chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms, courgettes, curly pasta and a dash of cream. It tasted really delicious but was a little oily, more the fault of the chorizo having a lot of fat in than Mr P adding excessive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment