Wednesday 20 October 2010

Chinese take-away

For lunch today I was pretty starving, so needed a little something more than just my soup and so opted for some hot and spicy chicken wings from the hot chicken wings from the Tesco hot chicken counter.

I first ate my chilli pumpkin soup, also courtesy of Tesco. This was delicious, certainly spicier than I was expecting, but really good and smooth. I've decided I really like smooth soup. I had it with a mediterranean roll, which I think may have had some kind of tomato and herb in, but wasn't anything special.

I think tucked into my chicken wings, oh what a mess. I quickly came to the conclusion that there is no way you can eat chicken wings glamourously. I had chilli sauce all over my hands, in my finger nails and around my face. Not pleasant at all. Plus I think they stunk the office out. I felt slightly odd eating meat off the bone at my desk, like eating something like corn on the cob at your desk, its just done the done thing I guess. It's kinda a personal thing getting all covered in sauce and trying to peel meat of the bone with your teeth and not the type of thing you want to siteating while your boss looks over at you thinking you're slightly strange. I ate six of the ten and then put the rest in the fridge for another time.

I once again snacked on almonds and dried apricots and enjoyed some lovely orange squash. I know it sounds ridiculous but you can't beat a nice glass of orange squash, particularly the high juice varieties. I have some M&S high juice on my desk and is a lovely change from water every so often.

Mr P and I were particularly lazy tonight and couldn't be bothered with cooking anything so we decided to get a chinese takeaway. I had house special chow mein, my fave from our local chinese, and also beef with mixed vegetables. I really like our Chinese, its not too greasy and is always really yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment