Saturday 2 October 2010

Chicken breast with asparagus, potato dauiphinoise and exotic mushroom sauce

Mr P spoiled me with lots of lovely food today. He made me my favourite breakfast in the world, pancakes. I had three big pancakes with lime (not the usual lemon juice, which worked really well) and caster sugar. Yum!

I made us a late lunch whilst watching Gillette Soccer Saturday. We had frozen breaded cod with mushy peas, and I also had ketchup. Ever so easy yet ever so tasty.

While I was relaxing with a glass of wine in front of Strictly and the X Factor Mr P made me a delicious dinner. He served up chicken breast stuffed with tomato puree and garlic wrapped in bacon on a bed of asparagus and potato dauphinoise. The chicken was perfectly moist and the asparagus was delicious. Mr P usually likes his asparagus cooked to death, but he kept it a little bit crunchy for me. The potato was so so nice, really creamy with lovely strips of onions.

He served the meal with a wild mushroom sauce, which he told me consisted of milk, the juice the mushrooms had been sitting in (they are those dry exotic mushrooms you have to soak before using) and a few other things like seasoning - it was AMAZING. I love wild mushrooms. It was probably the best meal Mr P has ever made me. I will make him dinner on sunday night in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment