Thursday 7 October 2010

Toasted pittas and red pepper humous

We visited the breakfast buffet once again today and this morning I was enticed by the warm hard boiled eggs, so I tucked into them and had two. I'd forgotten how much I love boiled eggs, I should really have more of them. I also obviously couldn't resist some kind of cheese and bread combo so I had a white roll with some phillidelphia.

Mid-morning I bought a selection of snacks to keep the spirits up in the news room, so I tucked into lots of cheese and onion crisps, a twix and some fruit salad. Plus a double espresso and a bottle of Sprite.

As I was travelling back to London all afternoon I didn't really have my regular lunch or evening meal. I instead had some pad thai in one of those lovely little take-away cartons while I waited for my train from Frankfurt at about half three. It was quite tasty but I have a horrible ulcer in my mouth at the moment making it extremely painful to eat, so it perhaps wasn't the most pleasurable experience.

I got home very late so too late for any kind of proper meal so I just toasted some pittas and dipped them into red pepper humous whilst sat on the kitchen counter chatting to Mr P. Happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment