Monday 4 October 2010

Tinned soup

For breakfast today I had my usual weetabix and cup of tea, which was nice as I am going to Germany today for Frankfurt Book Fair, so I'll be away from my normal routine for a good few days.

For lunch I heated up the remains of last nights goulash and served it with a bread roll and some alfresco (lettuce, peppers and carrot) salad with a drizzle of mayo. The goulash tasted even better after stewing in its own juices for almost a day. I love it when food tastes even better the next day, I think both lasagne and bolognaise are this type of dish as well. The meat tasted really tender and it was really nice to have a 'proper' meal for lunch.

And it was a good job I had a 'proper' lunch because when I arrived at my hotel in Cologne at half nine I almost didn't have any dinner. I eventually decided to pop down to the bar and see what they could give me,a ll they had were two tins of soup, so I decided to have one of those and take it back upto my room with a large glass of wine... oh what a disaster that was. On opening my room door my wine glass started wobbling and the entire contents of the glass cascaded all over the floor. Thank goodness it was a wooden floor though. So I spent the next ten mins on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor and by the time I had finished I didn't particularly feel like my soup.

I ate most of it anyway and it was surprisingly nice. It had pieces of bacon, frankfurter sausage, potato and lentils. I really was quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment