Sunday 17 October 2010

Roast chicken

I decided to make breakfast today as Mr P so often makes it at the weekend. I wanted to make my favourite breakfast ever - eggs benedicte.

I toasted a muffin each for us and then dropped two eggs each into a pan of swirling hot water with a dash of vinegar. I was really worried as I've never made proper poached eggs before, but you'll be delighted to hear they turned out perfectly, well apart from being a little overdone. Once the muffins were lightly golden brown I spread some butter over each and placed some ham on top, then the eggs and then drizzled some warmed hollandaise sauce (from a pouch at Sainsburys). I finished each dish with some ground black pepper and was very pleased with my creation.

For lunch we were out and about and due to being skint Mr P made us some ham and lettuce rolls, (one brown and one white each), which did the job perfectly.

Being the excellent chef that he is Mr P made a magnificient roast chicken for dinner. It was absolutely delicious. I had the most lovliest crunchy roast potatoes, chicken, cabbage and carrots with an oddly rectangular yorkshire pudding which was delightful crispy on top but still soft and spongey in the middle. He is very good at batter! It was all covered in some sublimely rich gravy. A lovely lovely meal and was topped off with a glass of Spanish muscadet.

We also bought new crockery yesterday which I certainly think helps improve the taste. Plus everything looks so much more classy now on our square white dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment