Friday 15 October 2010

Lamb rogan josh and gurkha chicken

I had the other half of my witches brew soup today, which was very dissapointing indeed after initially loving the first half. It was a mix of pumpkin, beans and tomatoes and the beans had basically all sunk to the bottom despite my best efforts of shaking it up. So my lunch consisted of mouthful after mouthful of kidney beans and what I think were chickpeas. I was so dissapointed with it that I decided to pop to Sainbury's and buy a packet of Walkers salt and vinegar crisps and a galaxy caramel. These certainly did not dissapoint.

To celebrate the weekend after a very busy week Mr P and I decided to go out for a curry. We went to a place called Gurkha Cottage in Crystal Palace. On sitting down we were brought a shot of what I think was fortified wine and a couple of poppadoms with mango chutney, the green yoghurty dip and chopped onions, cucumbers, etc.

We then shared:

Lamb rogan josh
Gurkha chicken - a buttery, creamy dish
Two pilau rice
Plain nann

It was all very nic and was just what I needed on a Friday night.

1 comment: