Thursday 21 October 2010

Duo of lamb at Foyles literary dinner

I was out of the office this morning, so didn't have my usual weetabix and instead has oats and honey special k, with a cup of tea, which was lovely.

After loosing my phone and feeling sorry for myself at Brighton station I went to Upper Crust and bought a hunters chicken baguette, which was filled with chicken, cheese, barbeque sauce, bacon and spinach. It was quite tasty, but there was a huge amount of barbeque sauce, slightly too much I'd say. I had a bottle of coke alongside it.

I went to Foyles 80th anniversary gala dinner for the booksellers literary luncheons. It was a very glamouous affair with guests including Sir David Frost, Kate Adi, Frederick Forsyth and Tara Palmer Tomkinson. The menu was:

Chilled crab salad, artichoke, french beans and tomato vinaigrette. - This tasted delicious but I didn't think it looked so pretty. It was served with Emporium Sauvingnon Blanc, Venezia 2008/9.

Duo of lamb, sweet garlic and thyme jus, rosemary potato cake, provencal vegetables, french beans. It was served with Emporium Shiraz Sicily 2008/9. The light wine complimented the tender lamb perfectly . The jus was delicate and the potato was delicious - all round a lovely course.

Dessert was a bitter chocolate mousse with orange sorbet. I was originally very dissapointed to see chocolate on the menu as I would rarely choose a chocolate dessert as I find them too heavy. However this was actually very light and went beautifully with the orange sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment