Wednesday 6 October 2010

Seafood linguine

I love breakfast buffets in hotels, I always plump for things I would never normally have. So at breakfast today I chose a piece of stodgy oaty bread, if I were to use one word for it it would be dry, and it didn't help much that the butter was rock solid and sat in clumps instead of spreading evenly. I then decided to have a granary roll and some cheese. I love that sliced cheese you get for breakfast in foreign hotels, slightly rubbery, but oh so tasty. I washed that all down with a black coffee, a glass of orange juice and a glass of mixed fruit juice.

Another hugely busy day, but just managed to squeeze lunch in. Once again I opted for cheese and bread for what felt like the 37th meal in a row. This time it was a square granary roll with sliced camambert, rocket and cucumber. I really loved it.

In the evening I went out for dinner to a nice Italian restaurant where we sat outside enjoying the pleasant Frankfurt evening. Me and my friend shared a side salad to start, although we didn't set out to do this, the waitress just brought it at the wrong time. Then I had seafood linguine, which was so so nice. I have been steering away from squid since Mr P and I had our squid overload in Spain, however this reignited my love for the fish once again. It was beautifully soft and not rubbery at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment