Monday 18 October 2010

Spicy tomato chicken wraps

I had another Covent Garden soup for lunch today, spicy butternut squash and sweet potato. I think this is probably one of my favourite favours, it's delicious, smooth and creamy yet spicy. I had it with a crusty cheese roll.

This evening I made a mexican chicken wrap thing with all the leftover roast chicken. I fried chopped onion and garlic puree for five or so minutes, then added chopped peppers and mushrooms and fried for a further few minutes before adding a tin of chopped tomatoes, salt, cajun pepper, paprika, thyme and tomato puree. I then left that simmering for about half an hour before adding the chunks of chicken. I cooked this for a further ten mins and then served it with hot tortilla wraps, cheese and and sour cream. I will definitely be making it again, it was really really delicious and a perfect way to use up the last few bits of roast chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment