Sunday 3 October 2010

Lamb goulash with tagliatelle

Pancakes again for breakfast today. Mr P is an exceptionally good pancake maker, today I had one with ham and cheese and another three with lime and sugar.

Due to being out and about, going to Ikea, getting my nails done, etc etc I shockingly didn't have any lunch. I only realised this on going to meet Mr P for a drink with his friend. When I got to the bar and ordered a glass of wine I realised I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, so we had a couple of packets of crisps, one ham and mustard (which tasted suspiciously like smokey bacon) and cheese and chive.

For dinner I made a goulash for the two of us after Mr P's very successful meal yesterday. I browned off some chunks of New Zealand lamb in a pan with some olive oil, chunky onions and a tablespoon of flour. I then added some diced smokey bacon, mushrooms, a tin of chopped tomatoes and half a cup of chicken stock. I let this simmer for about 15 minutes before adding some green peppers and around 1-2 tablespoons of paprika. I then left that simmering gently for about an hour while I watched X Factor.

After an hour had passed I added a large spoon of sour cream and stirred it in before putting on some fresh tagliatelle to boil. After five minutes I served the goulash on top of the tagliatelle with another dollop of sour cream on top. It was so so nice. A very wholesome but quite simple meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment