Tuesday 5 October 2010

German Chinese

Despite having to catch an earlyish train from Cologne to Frankfurt this morning I decided to go grab a coffee outside the station to sample the delights Cologne had to offer. The train station and my hotel were right next to the cathedral, which was really rather beautiful, so I had black coffee sitting in a cafe on a square near to the cathedral, then went to MacDonalds in the station and got an orange juice and a toasted thing with cheese and bacon in it. Classy this was not, but enjoyable none the less.

For lunch inside the book fair I basically had a larger version of what I had for lunch, a ham and cheese pannini. It was actually hugely enjoyable and I had it with a coke.

After an extremely busy day and lots of wine my colleagues and I went for a chinese. We shared a selection of things:

Satay chicken
Pork and vegetable with black bean sauce
Crispy duck
Chicken chow main
Egg fried rice

It was all pretty standard chinese but very tasty and just what we needed after a slightly hectic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment