Monday 25 October 2010

Mince, gravy and mash combo

Monday monday. The start of a new week and the start of a new box of cereal - exciting times for me, or not.

I decided to have Alpen this time around for a bit of a change and I'm already regretting it. I'm just not a huge fan of raisins. I can just about handle them in a hot cross bun, but on pouring out my first bowl of muesli I was horrified to see hundreds of shriveled black raisins. I tried to be grown up about it and swallow them down with the rest of the oaty goodness, but I will no longer look forward to breakfast time and instead dread their gleaming black eyes staring up at me from the sea of floury white oats.

For lunch i stuck with a safer option and had Covent Garden's spicy butternut squash and sweet potato, which I have decided could in fact be my favourite of all their soups.

After going to both the gym and Sainsburys Mr P and I were ravenous to say the least and we snacked on a tub of cocktail sausages rescued from the reduced aisle of the supermarket and still craving junk food when we returned home each had a packet of Wheat Crunchies.

For dinner we had to use up the other half of a large packer of mince we opened the night before, so I made a mince, gravy and mash combination. It consisted of chopped onions, mince, carrots, peas, gravy granules, water, wine and tomato puree all simmered up together and served over a dollop of creamy mashed potato courtesy of Mr P. It wasn't the best meal we've ever made and lacked something, yet I couldn't quite work out what it was. It did the job of filling us up though, something we were both relieved about.

No comments:

Post a Comment